Kingdoms of Telgard Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2017, 05:42:26 AM
Home Website Help Login Register
News:
A dragon returns...

New members - please see the Registering Your Account topic in the Introduction to Telgard forum.

Kingdoms of Telgard  |  OOC Boards  |  Introduction to Telgard - Start here!  |  Topic: Registering Your Account « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Registering Your Account  (Read 7253 times)
CD Imago
Creative Developer

« on: July 28, 2011, 09:05:13 PM »

Unfortunately, we've been getting ridiculously large numbers of spam registrations on the Telgard boards of late.  When I manage the registrations, I run all of them through the "Stop Forum Spam" search so I can reject spammers and see if there are any legitimate requests, which there never are.  This is ridiculous, discouraging and time consuming.  I honestly have better things to do with my time than copy and paste 700 IP addresses into a search engine each week.  I could be writing... or plotting... or driving my PCs insane with fantastic adventures. 

Rather than waste any more of my time on spammers, I have closed the registration form for the time being.  I'll talk to Mac and see if we can solve the issue by upgrading the verification image.  In the meantime, since we do want to encourage real people to join the Kingdoms of Telgard...

Please email any LEGITIMATE registration request to me:
telgardrising [at] yahoo [dot] com

I'll be able to get any real people set up with a registration right away.
Pages: [1] Print 
Kingdoms of Telgard  |  OOC Boards  |  Introduction to Telgard - Start here!  |  Topic: Registering Your Account « previous next »
Jump to: